About xJAYMANx_toyboxAugust 9th, 2008 | 4 Comments »
Welcome to the Toybox! Never forget how to play…
- 29 November 2006 – xJAYMANx_toybox was launched as a self-hosted and hobby-oriented complement to my more-general LiveJournal “xJAYMANx”. Why name this blog “Toybox”? Well, after creating my LiveJournal “xJAYMANx_remix” in July 2005, then my LiveJournal “xJAYMANx_scifix” in August 2006, I guess I stuck with the “two-syllable ends-with-the-letter-x” format for my journals and blogs! (Afterwards, I continued the pattern with my Blogger experiment “xJAYMANx_weblox” in March 2007.) Besides, “Toybox” fits well with my hobby-centered theme. Don’t you think? ^_^;
- 05 April 2007 – xJAYMANx_toybox was redesigned and relaunched as “Toybox 2.0″, along with the identically redesigned xJAYMANx.com “Version 5.0″. Integrating the blog and website together, this huge-header and triple-column design is called “Black Toybox 2007″.
- 10 August 2008 – The “Toybox” was upgraded from WordPress.org 2.0 to 2.6, and was relocated from xJAYMANx.com/toybox/ to xJAYMANx.com/toyboxx/.
- 15 January 2009 – The “Toybox” was again upgraded from WordPress.org 2.6 to 2.7.
- 16 February 2009 – The “Toybox” was again upgraded (automatically with one-click) from WordPress.org 2.7 to 2.7.1. So easy!
- 15 March 2009 – The “Toybox” exceeded a theoretical site value of $12,000 USD, haha.
- 10-11 June 2009 – The “Toybox” was auto-upgraded from WordPress.org 2.7.1 to 2.8.
- 09 January 2010 – The “Toybox” was auto-upgraded from WordPress.org 2.8 to 2.9.1.
- 29 August 2010 – The “Toybox” was auto-upgraded from WordPress.org 2.9.1 to 3.0.1.
- 30 December 2010 – The “Toybox” was auto-upgraded from WordPress.org 3.0.1 to 3.0.4.
- 27 December 2011 – The “Toybox” was auto-upgraded from WordPress.org 3.0.4 to 3.3.
Surprisingly, since April 2007, the “Black Toybox” continues to prosper today.
- Blog Reader > Add the blog feed to your RSS reader (e.g. Bloglines).
- Blog Reader > Add the blog-comments feed to your RSS reader (e.g. Bloglines).
- Gmail Clips > To add to your Gmail web clips, log into your Google account, click “Settings > Web Clips”. Enter “http://www.xjaymanx.com/toyboxx/feed” into the text box.
- Google Reader > To add to your Google Reader, log into your Google account, and click “Add Subscription”. Enter “http://www.xjaymanx.com/toyboxx/feed” into the text box.
xJAYMANx grew up with a predilection for science, mathematics, drawing, and those ubiquitous LEGO blocks, building anything from racing cars to Star Wars fighters and transports. Beginning his college career in Architecture and Psychology, he somehow ended up with a degree in Civil Engineering. Bouncing around from his home state of New York to Cleveland, Ohio, xJAYMANx inevitably married and settled in Las Vegas, Nevada in 1998 (and amicably divorced in 2006). Tinkering with web design, enduring some data entry, suffering brief but necessary stints as a licensed Realtor, and experiencing the acquisition of TRIRIGA (a leading Software-500 company) as a Technical Writer/Editor in 2011, xJAYMANx currently and thankfully works as an Information Developer for IBM. In his extracurricular waking hours, he unabashedly plays as an evolving otaku/collector of anime and Asian entertainment, as an unwavering graduate/disciple of P90X and TurboFire, and as the hybrid designer of his own extreme home-fitness programs, J200X and J200XC.
- Blood Type > B
- Western Sign > Pisces
- Chinese Sign > Dog
- Chinese Element > Metal
Creative Commons License
The contents of this website are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution – Noncommercial – Share Alike 3.0 License.
The mark of a first-rate Toyboxer is when he-or-she and I can enjoy an unpredictably amusing blog-versation for 3-pair or even 5-pair exchanges on a single post, lol. And especially on multiple posts! Now that’s stamina! Not many can sustain that. But if you’re my type of Toyboxer, you already know what I mean. ^_^