Ah, yes, my Testy Toyboxers! Alas, another weekly mega-cast to keep the otaku-sensei aghast! Aghast, you ask? Why yes! This week is gonna be a monstrous roller-coaster ride of wicked M-shaped mayhem! M-shaped? Hahaha, you heard me. Get ready to lose your mental marbles as we dive into blonde-haired Melon-transforming babes, swim through mind-curdling Mimi-flavored rants-to-raves, dodge under eye-popping Mimi-doubling pornographic models, squirt over sado-masochistic Jem-enforced spider-webs and Jay-enhanced house-harems, and swirl down a cyber-corrupted cocktail of ninja blades, foosball ninjas, fem-fashioned kickboxers, and Lisa-strung stockings! Whew, let me catch my breath. One, two, three. Okay, enough of the maniacal mumbling. Drop what you’re messing, flip off the mediocrity, and switch on your inner madness! Because it’s time to start the show…
Saturday, 9:15pm, 11 Oct 2008
MP3 Length 13:33 Minutes
- OP – “Into the Battlefield” from Crows Zero .
- Stuffy nose, cold weather, Miko sick, hope u feel better
- Rearranging house, plasma TV soon, remove old wood shelves, TV stand, sit on floor
- Behind on blogs, website to design
- Mimi‘s comment on high-school classroom, feng shui?
- Lisa is home, Guiness the dog is there
- Danny’s blog, Mimi’s comment on hikikomori vs. otaku
- Behind on TV shows and anime, Harry Potter 5
- Lucky Star OVA, Sayonara Mr. Despair (Zetsubou Sensei), WTF LOL, 4 of 5 stars
- Star Wars (Clone Wars) TV, Roughnecks (Starship Troopers), good formula for kids, Yoda!
- Crows Zero, 8 Mile, Eminem, Lose Yourself, D12
- Treadmill, hours editing a blog post, pain in the butt, life of a blogger, too lazy to write up
- ED – “Lose Yourself” from 8 Mile  by Eminem.
Happy New 2008, my fellow anime fanatics!… Back in my Blog 061, I noted that I watched 58 anime titles-seasons in 2006. While I couldn’t match that number in 2007, watching 49 is still freakin’ huge (or frakin’ huge, for BSG fans), lol. That’s almost one anime title or season per week! From the war-torn and tragic 1988 classic film Grave of the Fireflies to the wind-blown and melancholic 2007 Shinkai film 5 Centimeters Per Second. From the heart-breaking Kanon to the hilarious Lucky Star to the haunting Kino’s Journey.
Needless to say, 2007 was an amazing year for both old-and-new anime watching! Maybe I’ll hit 60 in 2008, hahaha!… Now, without further delay, here are my speed reviews for all 49 of the anime titles-seasons I’ve finished in 2007.
Holy crap! If you remember my post Blog 111 > Toying with the Treadmill?, you’ll know I’ve been accelerating my average treadmill speed since the start of August 2007. From a walking 3.5 mph in August, to a quicker 4.0 mph (3 miles for 45 minutes) at the end of September. Well, last night on November 1st, while watching “Battlestar Galactica – Mini-Series” (yet again), I ran 3 miles in a mere 40 minutes! That’s an average 4.5 mph! But I didn’t stop there, I added another 0.5 miles in 6 minutes! That’s an average 5.0 mph for the extra bit!!! Plus overall, that’s 3.5 miles in 46 minutes! Crap, I remember when I used to be out of breath in less than 1-2 minutes at 5.0 mph, let alone 6 minutes without even thinking!
Not only that, my weight this morning was a stunning 155 lbs! That’s a loss of about 15 lbs since I started my new nightly running routine just 3 months ago! Double crap, this is my best weight since my skinny days as a college undergrad! I doubt I can hit my freshman weight of 135 lbs, but then again, I never imagined I could hit the 150s. Damn. And while this is cardio and not strength training, maybe I don’t need that Bowflex so soon after all. I’d rather aim for a shiny new 24-inch Leopard-installed iMac, hahaha.
P.S. So how did this all start? Why August 2007? Well, I think it was as simple as this… On July 27th, two days before my great friend Anna’s 21st birthday, we had a comment-chat on her LiveJournal. Here’s a snippet.
- Me: Hehe, I’m not sure of the translation, but I think you’re talking about age? I still feel like 25 or 27! ; )))
- Anna: But you look like 28 ))
- Me: Awww, that’s sweet! I feel like it : )))… And u still look 19, hehe : D… P.S. So then you know people who are 27, 28, or 29?
- Anna: Thanx, Jay!… Of course, I have friends who are 25, 32, 34… Oh and 28. of course! ))
- Me: You’re welcome! : )))… Wow, so with all of your friends, I appreciate your compliment even MORE!
- Anna: Sure, you look younger and I don’t feel that you’re much older… Age it’s just year of your birth.=)