Holy crap! If you remember my post Blog 111 > Toying with the Treadmill?, you’ll know I’ve been accelerating my average treadmill speed since the start of August 2007. From a walking 3.5 mph in August, to a quicker 4.0 mph (3 miles for 45 minutes) at the end of September. Well, last night on November 1st, while watching “Battlestar Galactica – Mini-Series” (yet again), I ran 3 miles in a mere 40 minutes! That’s an average 4.5 mph! But I didn’t stop there, I added another 0.5 miles in 6 minutes! That’s an average 5.0 mph for the extra bit!!! Plus overall, that’s 3.5 miles in 46 minutes! Crap, I remember when I used to be out of breath in less than 1-2 minutes at 5.0 mph, let alone 6 minutes without even thinking!
Not only that, my weight this morning was a stunning 155 lbs! That’s a loss of about 15 lbs since I started my new nightly running routine just 3 months ago! Double crap, this is my best weight since my skinny days as a college undergrad! I doubt I can hit my freshman weight of 135 lbs, but then again, I never imagined I could hit the 150s. Damn. And while this is cardio and not strength training, maybe I don’t need that Bowflex so soon after all. I’d rather aim for a shiny new 24-inch Leopard-installed iMac, hahaha.
P.S. So how did this all start? Why August 2007? Well, I think it was as simple as this… On July 27th, two days before my great friend Anna’s 21st birthday, we had a comment-chat on her LiveJournal. Here’s a snippet.
- Me: Hehe, I’m not sure of the translation, but I think you’re talking about age? I still feel like 25 or 27! ; )))
- Anna: But you look like 28 ))
- Me: Awww, that’s sweet! I feel like it : )))… And u still look 19, hehe : D… P.S. So then you know people who are 27, 28, or 29?
- Anna: Thanx, Jay!… Of course, I have friends who are 25, 32, 34… Oh and 28. of course! ))
- Me: You’re welcome! : )))… Wow, so with all of your friends, I appreciate your compliment even MORE!
- Anna: Sure, you look younger and I don’t feel that you’re much older… Age it’s just year of your birth.=)