“From Drunk to Punk Trooper”
Saturday, 1:15am, 25 Oct 2008
MP3 Length 16:27 Minutes
- OP – “Virgin’s High” by MELL from the anime “Sky Girls” .
- Second broadcast, hope not as crackly and staticky
- Jackie Chan‘s and Woo Ping’s ground-breaking 1978 Hong Kong film Drunken Master
- Got 89th figure Queen’s Gate Alice; Potter-esque “Zero no Tsukaima” (4 of 5 stars)
- Anime in a philosophical light: No art is stupid? Anime is art? So no anime can be stupid?
- Hated Metropolis, disliked Amazing Nurse Nanako
- Sent in my absentee ballot, voted for NONE of the above candidates, liberating
- Japanese street fashion, funny stuff, lol
- “Punk Trooper”, Stormtrooper or Jedi drop-out, bounty hunter in black, jack of all trades
- Katana bokken, test for Halloween costume, damn helmet so hot to wear or breathe
- Punk Trooper!
- ED – “Last Regrets” by Ayana from the anime “Kanon” .
Hmm, so what else can I add that I haven’t mentioned in my broadcast? Well, all week I went to the International User Conference hosted by my software company. Pretty interesting. Even though I was a session monitor ~~ handing evaluations, counting attendance, getting free snacks and drinks, haha ~~ decided to wear a neck tie on Tuesday, lol. First time wearing one in probably a year! Don’t know why the photo makes my black shirt look purple, but it’s supposed to be black, lol. Then on Wednesday, actor and former US Senator Fred Thompson addressed the conference. Fascinating biographical, political and economic stuff!
Then Thursday, like I mentioned, got my impervious polypropylene katana bokken. Wow, heavier than I expected, mimicking the weight of a real katana. Just swinging-and-stopping it works the forearms and triceps! Haven’t smashed any concrete blocks yet like I’ve seen in the video ads, cuz I don’t wanna clean up the mess, lol. Too lazy. But maybe sometime I’ll try it in the backyard, haha. Definitely fitting for “Punk Trooper”. >_<
Ah, my first test of my “Punk Trooper” outfit. Remember when I talked about the concept of a “Stormtrooper or Jedi drop-out, bounty hunter in black, jack of all trades”? Well, since I like the helmet but didn’t wanna-be another clone, another big part of the concept also comes from the politically-incorrect big-jugs-and-big-guns anime “Desert Punk” starring the masked Desert Punk (Sunabōzu), lol. Another awesome and hilarious character to add to the great bounty-hunter-and-smuggler characters in sci-fi and anime: Captain Han Solo and Boba Fett from “Star Wars”, Captain Mal Reynolds and Jayne Cobb from “Firefly”, even Spike Spiegel and Jet Black from “Cowboy Bebop”.
So just mix the masked Boba Fett and masked Desert Punk together, throw in some black boots, a black coat and a black katana, and sprinkle a touch of Dark-Force powers, and you’ve got my Punk Trooper. I mean, katana-slashing definitely works cuz Stormtroopers can’t shoot the side of a barn anyway, haha. Unfortunately, I can’t wear the helmet, plus the heavy coat, for more than a few minutes at a time, or I’ll sweat-and-steam to death. Looks “cool” though, pun intended. >_<