Holy crap! I’m back with another huge-ass mega-post! Cops? Candy? And sushi? This week, I’ll plummet through a five-part rainbow-textured ocean of time-traveling Gothic Lolitas, fist-flying Hong Kong choreography, mouth-watering American fast food, thigh-baring Galactic enforcers, and self-reflective Australian beauties. Don’t ask me how I’ll tie them all together, lol. But I’ll manage somehow. Plus I hope I don’t forget the new “Question of the Week”, haha. Question. Question. Gotta remember that. So here we go! Readjust your seat, stretch your scroll finger, take a deep breath, and let the show begin…
The storm and the haze
I gaze for a moment
Stolen from time
Frozen for eternity
A thought burns
The crash of a thousand waves can be calmed in a single frame
Wow, Maria, thanx! Sadly, this is a fabricated message, lol. Japanese AV idol Maria Ozawa never sent me any congratulations of any kind. Dammit, lol. However, according to the mathematically approximate yet amusingly curious WebsiteOutlook.com, my site-and-blog’s estimated worth has leapt from $5861.90 to $7774.50 USD in a mere 3 weeks. Just as page hits and views and loads can be quite illuminating, my site worth (or lack thereof) must largely fall in the hands of my passing visitors and long-time readers. Humble thanks. Arigato gozaimasu. Muchas gracias. And may Maria watch over us. Hehe, anime joke. But on top of adult-video starlets and saintly anime, this blog week burns through itchy skin, drives through mystical fog, and hops through harems of women, lol. So on that nonsensical note, let’s begin the show…
Heyyy, Happy Twenty-Oh-Nine! And for those of you in the Eastern Orthodox world who celebrate Christmas on January 7th, especially Anna in Ukraine or Lena in Russia, I haven’t forgotten you, hehe. “Merry Christmas!” To help celebrate, here’s an eye-grabbing “Snow White” photo (above) by Russian photographer and long-time LiveJournal buddy, Lena Chernaya. Plus some more titillating chaos about random shirts, bloggy values, and the comedy of hate, lol.
Ah, what a year it’s been! For my last mega-post of 2008, I tackle another mixed bag of “Rock Band” sessions, a year’s truckload of anime speed-reviews and faves, and a sparkly sprinkle of otaku thanks and wishes. So happy holidays and all the rest. Now on with the show…
So is my blog snowing too much? Well, at least Shagh thinks it’s fine, lol. And I’m pretty sure Koshiko, Meimi132 and Blowfish don’t mind, lol. Yup, digital snowflakes, snowy Vegas and shining anime. What could be better? Hmm, maybe more than 40 photos? Including sultry Elwing? Or sexy Xecty? Why not?
What the frak? Blizzard in Vegas? Bakana! Like I mentioned on Puppy-Chun’s blog, I believed it snowed in Vegas only *one day* in the last *three years*! Until today. At least six hours of non-stickable snow, followed by another six hours of stickable snow. Accumulation of up to eight inches deep. The worst Vegas snowstorm in years, if not decades! Damn, after slipping and sliding on the slow-ass highway drive home, I was lucky it took only an hour, lol. More pics coming soon…
By the way, I’ve been meaning to ask this. With all the different blog types, how do you prefer to get notifications? Some blogs feature a subscribe-able follow-up email notification with new comments, others don’t. Of course, there’s also the option to subscribe to a blog’s comments via an RSS reader. But RSS comments can get annoying if the blog gets too many daily comments to follow. Then there’s Meimi132‘s clever method of commenting back, not on her own blog, but on her commenter’s blog. Yet it can be tough to string together a discussion without duplicating them on one’s own blog, lol. Or do you just use the *brute force* approach of going through all of your favorite blogs on a regular basis? So what do you do? Which do you prefer?
Like I said, more pics coming soon…
What? The title? Yeah, I know, pretty strange if not cryptic title. That’s what happens at 4am in the morning, haha. But don’t worry, it’ll all make sense in the end. Mice. Bamboo. Wood. Apples. Dragons. Moons. Water. Yeah, it’ll all make sense. I hope. Good luck, lol.
Holy crap! I’ve got so much crap to talk about that I may not fit in any anime crap, lol. But I’ll try. From old layouts to new readers, from post updates to blog widgets, from shiny iMacs to blazing Zazzles, and maybe some random tunes too. But what else? Anime mascots? Seems like every anime blog is caving in with their own new mascot~ not only Mimi, but Koshiko, Dancing Queen and the latest Meimi132 too~ inspired by DC no doubt, lol. Fortunately, I haven’t succumbed to peer pressure… yet, lol. But we’ll see.
Ahh, time for yet another non-anime post, lol… This time, it’s about the increasingly popular and addictive Rock Band 2. While I’ve only played it at 2 different parties this year, it’s pretty damn amazing. For those unfamiliar, it’s hard to describe with mere words. It’s as if video gaming, playing instruments and karaoke are all magically fused with the power of rock-and-roll into an awesome team-playing experience. Nope, not something a lone otaku can duplicate in front of the computer screen, lol. But first things first, I’ll start at the beginning…
Yup, Angsty Momo. If you’ve visited Mimi’s blog last week, you’ll recognize her pink-haired teen mascot, lol. In a nutshell, her name is Momo. An angsty 17-year-old only-child with some curious tastes. And an interstellar genius in the year 2409 EYE (Earth Year Equivalent), lol. Here are the 750×750 square and 1680×1050 wallpaper versions. ^_^
Yup, another dose of chaotic anime, scorching figures, and random personal events shot-from-the-hip, lol. Since my roommate might be moving out next month, mid-December, due to her financial crunch, here’s our first pic-of-the-post in honor of Lisa. More details below. Maybe. Enjoy the ride!
Are you sick and tired of Imperial Stormtroopers who can’t aim or blast the side of a barn to save their lives? Are you sick and tired of Jedi Apprentices who can’t find peace without a Master? Well, enter the Stormtrooper drop-out, Jedi outcast, and bounty-hunter-in-black~~ “Punk Trooper”, lol.
Like I first explained in my second audio broadcast and teased again in my last post, I dressed up (or God-forbid “cosplayed”, lol) in my original character for the Halloween lunch at work. And as my video hopefully shows, it was a “blast”, pun intended, hehe.
Just a teaser, lol. Full post coming soon… So how was your Halloween?
Saturday, 9:15pm, 11 Oct 2008
MP3 Length 13:33 Minutes
- OP – “Into the Battlefield” from Crows Zero .
- Stuffy nose, cold weather, Miko sick, hope u feel better
- Rearranging house, plasma TV soon, remove old wood shelves, TV stand, sit on floor
- Behind on blogs, website to design
- Mimi‘s comment on high-school classroom, feng shui?
- Lisa is home, Guiness the dog is there
- Danny’s blog, Mimi’s comment on hikikomori vs. otaku
- Behind on TV shows and anime, Harry Potter 5
- Lucky Star OVA, Sayonara Mr. Despair (Zetsubou Sensei), WTF LOL, 4 of 5 stars
- Star Wars (Clone Wars) TV, Roughnecks (Starship Troopers), good formula for kids, Yoda!
- Crows Zero, 8 Mile, Eminem, Lose Yourself, D12
- Treadmill, hours editing a blog post, pain in the butt, life of a blogger, too lazy to write up
- ED – “Lose Yourself” from 8 Mile  by Eminem.
Ah, Code Geass… Whatever anyone else says, it’s still undeniably “ambitious and wide-sweeping… still one of the most-intellectually engaging 5-star series” I’ve ever seen, ranking alongside other epic animes like “Death Note” and “Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex”. I finished the final episode last night, but since I’m too lazy to write any more thoughts on it, I’ll direct you to my past comments, lol.
- Blog 149 > Britannia Versus Galactica – My “Code Geass” post last month.
- Code Geass Is Like Crime and Punishment – My comment on Mimi’s “Turn 22” post.
- Code Geass R2 23 – My comment on Mimi’s “Turn 23” post.
- Code Geass R2 Turn 24 was EPIC – My comment on Mimi’s “Turn 24” post.
- To All You Evil Bastards Who Hated Lelouch – My comment on Mimi’s “Turn 25” post.
- Anime: Code Geass R2 EP25 -END- – My quick comment on Justin’s in-depth post.
Oops, sorry, I lied. I’ve got one more intriguing thought. While wandering Wikipedia, I stumbled upon a fascinating comparison. The Wiki article on Lelouch Lamperouge describes him as a Byronic Hero. In other words, as privileged yet outcast, perceptive yet flawed, cunning yet conflicted as another dark Byronic Hero ~~ Bruce Wayne a.k.a. Batman. Wow, never would’ve made the connection before. But yeah, they definitely share the same intense burdens of a secret identity, sacrificing personal happiness, and wielding their righteous power from the shadows. Lelouch Lamperouge’s Zero and Bruce Wayne’s Batman. Both symbols of dark justice in their respective worlds.
P.S. On a lighter note, thanx Miko for cheering me up, and for the awesome tracks! If anyone wants to listen to the Korean artist Nell, just click on the Box.net tracks which appear in the right-most column of my blog. Easy. Enjoy! >_<
Saturday, Sept 27th, 2008 > Happy 39th Anniversary, Mom and Dad!… After reading Mimi’s recent blog post ~ Asians Can Be So Competitive ~ in the light of my parent’s anniversary tomorrow, I guess I wrote a reply not only to her post, but to myself as well. So please read her post first to get the full context of my thoughts below, lol.
Argh, the dustballs!… So what do u do when your roommate hears somewhere that dust is mostly comprised of dead human-skin cells, and is so disgusted that she wants to dust off the entire house? Answer: Nothing, since u can’t change her mind anyway. Haha, believe me, I tried. Which explains why a couple nights ago, on Thursday, September 11, 2008, Lisa wanted me to bring out the ladder, so she could dust off the “pot shelves” along the highest parts of my house! Fortunately, it was amusing enough to pull out my Canon DSLR, lol. Plus a photogenic girl doesn’t hurt either, lol. ^_^
“You will know… when you are calm, at peace, passive. A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack… No, no, there is no why. Nothing more will I teach you today. Clear your mind of questions.”
~ Master Yoda, Star Wars Episode V.
Previously in Part 2 [Link]
- Mish [waves]: Hi Katt!
- Katt [waves back]: Hey Mish! Wow, I like the red!
- Mish [touches her hair]: Thanks. Just had it done. Hi Takeshi.
- Tack: Hey Michelle. Looks really good!
- Mish [smiles]: Thanks… So what’s so funny? I could hear u guys all the way from the library.
- K: Haha, it’s nothing. Just some stupid guy talk.
- Mish: U sure?
- K: Yeah, we’re sure.
- T: We’re stupid. Can’t u tell?
- Mish: U guys aren’t stupid. Just “otaku”.
- K [shocked]: Hey! When did u learn to use that word?
- Mish: What? Otaku? U guys taught me that just the other day!
- K and T [look at each other]: …
- T [turns to Mish]: Really?
- Mish: U forgot already?
- T: Ahhh, wait… Oh yeah! The mall!
- K: Hmmm, that’s right.
- Mish: Yeah! U know, sometimes I think u two are hopeless.
- K: Yeah.
- T: Well, u just missed Jimi. She practically yelled at us.
- Mish: Hehe, but Jimi’s too cute.
- K: If u say so.
- Mish: Anyway… I meant to ask u, since you’re the experts.
- K: Sure. Go ahead.
- Mish: Do u know where I can find some cute cat-ears?
- K and T [look at each other]: …
- K and T [together]: Hahaha!
- Mish [confused]: What? What’s so funny?
- Tack [laughs]: Haha, so u haven’t seen Jimi yet?
- Mish: Ummm, nooo. Why? What? She isn’t wearing cat-ears around campus, is she?
- Katt [smiles]: Yup, u got it!
- Mish: Nooo wayyy! You’re joking, right?
- T: Would we joke?
- Mish [thinks]: But now that I think about it, it definitely fits her. Hopping down the hall. Skipping up the steps…
- T: Scratching our eyes out.
- K: Haha, no question. Unfortunately…
- Mish: Unfortunately?
- K [turns, winks at T]: You’re right. We were joking.
- Mish: What!?!
- T [nods at K, turns to Mish]: Haha, yeah, you’re such an easy target!
- Mish [smacks K’s shoulder]: I can’t believe u guys. Really, I can’t believe u.
- T [laughs]: What? Didn’t u just say we were hopeless?
- Mish: I was just being polite.
- K: Haha, polite? How is that being polite?
- T: Hahaha!
- Mish [looks down]: Forget it. I’ll ask somebody else.
- K: Hey wait, wait.
- T: Come on, Mish, we’re just teasing. So why do ya need cat-ears?